These curry chicken lettuce cups , are the perfect option as they can be made in under 15 minutes and are high in protein, good fats, and immune-boosting ingredients. You’ll enjoy a blend of aromatic spices including curry and ginger and refreshing hints of lime juice, red peppers, and fresh cilantro rolled into a crunchy lettuce cup.
We love these lettuce cups because the protein and veggies can be used in other easy dishes including stir fries and omelets later in the week. This saves time grocery shopping, and you’ll spend less time prepping ingredients in the kitchen. These lettuce cups are sure to be a hit with everyone around the table, and we hope it’ll free up some time!
Curried Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or about 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground chicken. Season with salt and cook, breaking up the meat as it browns, for 7 to 10 minutes, until fully cooked through and slightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the ghee to the skillet. Once melted, add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the bell peppers and cook for 30 seconds, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken, green onions, curry powder, ginger powder, and salt to the pan and stir to combine. Add the broth, coconut aminos, and lime juice, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the chicken is warmed through and the broth has evaporated.
- Stir the cilantro into the chicken mixture, then remove from the heat. Spoon the chicken into the lettuce leaves and serve with lime wedges!